Binary search tree animation

Here’s my final project for the computer animation class I completed this semester. My goal was to simulate a binary search tree in a somehow artistic fashion. I tried to use as much MEL scripting as I could for this project, but it seemed like Maya was fighting me at every turn. In the end, I managed to write only one working method, but even that one method saved me a lot of tedious animating.

Cage puzzle animation

Here’s my latest computer animation project: Cage Puzzle. The assignment was to “create a unique world with its own rules: A world where what is possible, though seemingly impossible, is possible.” I chose the world of a little caged creature, with props in his cage with new rules he has to learn in order to get an award. This was animated in Autodesk Maya.

Corkscrew animation

I’m taking a computer animation course using Maya this semester, and our second project was due today. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out, and I thought it was worth sharing here. The assignment was pretty vague; the professor basically wanted us to experiment with pushing and pulling, using the methods we’d used in the labs. I decided to go with a corkscrew.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions for improvement, I’d love to hear them. I will probably have to modify this animation anyway before I turn in my whole portfolio at the end of the semester.